WHAT YOU NEED TO PASS
To gain a full LGV licence you will have to complete the following:
- Module 1a – 100 multiple choice questions
- Module 1b – 19 hazard perception clips
- Module 2 – 19 LGV case studies (if driving for hire or reward)
- Module 3 – Practical test
- Module 4 – Driver CPC practical test (if driving for hire or reward)
THE TRAINING COURSE
Theory and Hazard Perception preparation – this can be done as home study or if you would like some guidance, we are happy to arrange a training session for you.
LGV case studies – we can supply you with the relevant learning materials to help you with this module and arrange a training session if necessary.
Practical Test preparation – we will tailor a course to suit your needs after an initial assessment.
We will cover:
- Operation of tachograph
- Relevant towing law
- Reversing and manoeuvering
- Vehicle inspection and daily walk round checks
- Loading and securing any load on the vehicle
- Health and safety
- On road driving to DVSA Test Standard
- Eco Driving – to protect the environment and your pocket!
- Uncoupling and re-coupling if taking C+E
The test will last approximately 75 minutes from start to finish.
- You will be asked 5 show me tell me questions
- Complete an “S” shaped reverse finishing within a marked bay
- On road driving for at least 1 hour – 10 minutes will be driving independently
- C+E only – uncoupling the trailer and re-coupling with all relevant safety checks
At the end of your test, your examiner will give you the result and your instructor will be present for the debrief.
- We aim to start you on the way in your career as a professional qualified driver.
- We do not just teach you to pass the test – you will be encouraged to keep driving safely for life.
- For more information or to get a personal quote on your required course, please contact us.